Thank you for considering us to handle your commission! We can create custom 3D print files, printed kits, resin kits, fabrics, vector patterns, and fully finished costumes on request. If you have questions about the process that you don't see answered here, just send us an email or fill out the form as best you can- we'll help you with the rest!
Please read the guidelines below before filling out the form.
We are currently not accepting commissions from properties such as:
Aniplex, Crunchyroll, DC Comics, Valve, Viz
Please include the following in your request:
- What you want to commission (3D print files, a 3D printed kit, a resin kit, a finished prop, etc)
- The character/prop’s name
- The series the character/prop is from (including specific game/subseries if from a franchise)
- Your ideal deadline
- Any specific design desires/priorities (ie, “I want to be able to fit this in a 30in suitcase”, “It has to be super lightweight for accessibility reasons”, “I want it in a different version.”
- If applicable, your shipping address so we can quote you.
For your knowledge:
- Please keep in mind that we have anywhere between 20-50 custom commissions every month. When we have updates or changes to your commission, we will reach out to you! Otherwise, we'll just be working quietly.
- We have the right to refuse commissions. We also have the right to cancel commissions; while we try to avoid cancelling whenever possible, if circumstances arise that make us unable to complete your commission, we will give you as much advance notice as possible and a full refund.
Payment Plan Guidelines
- We accept payment plans for orders $100usd and over before shipping (if applicable).
- Payment plans are available on commissions and existing items in our shop.
- Payment plans on physical goods must be paid in full 2-weeks before the shipping date; please keep this in mind if you have deadlines. We’ll work with you to put together a timeline and ensure you get your items on time.
- Payment plans on digital goods must be paid 2-weeks in full before your desired delivery date.
- We require an initial non-refundable deposit of at least 20% in order to secure your slot. This does not mean we will begin work immediately, as we prioritize orders that are paid in full
- You may only have one payment plan open with us at one time. If you’d like to place additional orders you must provide payment in full, or settle up your existing plan.
If you wish to cancel your payment plan, we refund whatever hasn't already been allotted to labour and materials thus far. Your deposit remains non-refundable.
- We have the right to refuse or cancel payment plans; while we try to avoid cancelling whenever possible, if circumstances arise that make us unable to complete your commission, we will give you as much advance notice as possible and a full refund, including deposit.
- Invoices must be paid off within 1 full calendar year (12 months), unless otherwise discussed, or they will be considered abandoned projects.
Reference Image Policy
If we ask you for reference, please adhere to the following:
- We need at least 4-5 clear shots of the piece.
- These reference images should be as high quality as possible and include all angles.
- We need ONE image marked as the “source of truth”; this is your reference that you want me to defer to in case there are conflicts or inconsistencies other pieces of reference.
- If you want to hybridize details between references, please make an image document that indicates which details matter most to you between different references.
- We do not use fan art or other cosplayers’ work as main sources of reference. If you do send other fan works, it must be clearly marked as such and only used as supplementary reference. We will not copy another artist’s interpretation or their custom details.
- If you are making a costume/prop specifically from someone’s fan design (ie Hannah Alexander), you must obtain their permission and forward an email/screenshot of a message confirming.
Store Rate Policy
We very often list our files on the store at a “store rate”, which is quite obviously dramatically lower than the rate we charge to do custom work/commissions.
Please note that commissions, by default, will end up being listed in the store for the public. If you're interested in private commissions, let us know.
At times, we may elect to offer you a commission at the store rate initially, particularly if we feel a piece will be popular and successful enough that many people will want to use it very quickly.
However, more often than not, we must charge you our full upfront rate for our time. In these circumstances, if we sell more copies, you may be entitled to a refund if we sell at least 6 copies in the following 6 months. This is entirely at our discretion and is not guaranteed –– please understand that when you pay the full commission rate, the bulk of what you are paying for is our specific attention on you and your place in our schedule. It is, essentially, a rush/priority fee.
Bookings are currently open for late-February and onward. If you need something earlier, or unsure about the complexity of your request, feel free to check with us!