Our Blood Pool Photoset is open for booking!
Get all your spooky cosplay photo content in time for Halloween right here at Dangerous Ladies! This year, the pool will feature all the skulls, bones, and chains of last years' event, with the addition of a jail cell scene. Not a fan of chains and corpses but still want that delicious bloodbath feeling? It's all removable! You can shoot with just the pool and backdrop, as well as whatever props you'd like to bring, too.
DATES EXTENDED! We're now booking October 13th to the 25th!
Below is a preview of the current setup. The Jail cell elements are removeable upon request-- please remember to bring your own lighting equipment!
- Our space is primarily a prop and costume workshop, not a dedicated photography set-up. We set up the pool on various dates for cosplayers and photographers to use. As such, it is not available on a whim, and must be planned in advance, subject to our availability and what we have going on in the shop. Water will be approximately 6 inches deep.
- Use of the space costs $70/hr, cash only. You can split this cost between people and share the space, but please remember it's not a huge space so parties are comfortably 6 people or less. If you’re a photographer booking multiple people in your window, please try to stagger your models’ arrival. Booking is done through Google Calendar, but you can contact us if you have questions first. You'll find the booking link at the bottom of this page!
- Booking is open to both photographers and cosplayers. If you are a cosplayer and you're looking for a photographer, we're collaborating with Paul Hillier/Kameraninja and Julia Greco/Heavenly Visuals this time around.
Paul is available Oct 13 - 16th. To book with Paul, click here.
Heavenly Visuals is available Oct 17th - 23rd. To book with Heavenly Visuals, click here.
- If you'd like to be a photographer for this shoot and book a large block of time, please get in touch. We can keep the set up longer if desired.
- Our address is: 10 Canvarco Rd, unit 53E East York, Ontario M4G 1L3
If you get lost on Canvarco, just give us a call (number provided upon booking) and we'll pop out and give you a hand. We are also on Google Maps as "Dangerous Ladies!" We're in the dirveway on the left after the Good Bones antique shop
What we Provide
- A bit of privacy from everyone except Dangerous Ladies employees-- we're always here. ;) There are no windows that can be looked through from the ground, and the set is behind a large garage door that will be closed. The area is also pretty quiet on weekends.
- 1 small bathroom
- table space and chairs and couches
- extension cables and plugs
- fans (we are not air conditioned!)
- street parking
- set-up and maintenance of the set
- adult content-friendly space (ie; posed nudes, lewd content, bondage/shibari, kink imagery, but we prohibit bodily fluids for sanitary reasons. Please email for any clarifications.)
- a first aid kit
- a water dispenser
- various ladders
- basic lighting is available, but please bring your own equipment to suit your needs
What You Need to Bring
- your own photography equipment
- your own lighting equipment
- a towel or two
- your own snacks/drinks
- any props, accessories, costumes, etc.
- a garbage bag / plastic bag for your wet items
- sandals/flip flops/slippers; we maintain the floors but it still a shop environment, so please be careful
The Rules and Safety Info
- Please be careful with heels/stilettoes, sharp props, accessories, spiked clothing, etc. Blood pool takes place in a collapsible pool. If you rip or tear it, you are financially liable and responsible for damages.
- We have separate garbage cans for food and drinks, regular trash, and recycling. These are labeled, respect the labels.
- No body paint unless arranged prior/it is not submerged.
- While the red pool dye will not stain polyesters, we cannot make any promises about natural fibers. For the most part they will wash out of natural fibers (sometimes leaving a very tiny pink tinge). Use your best judgement when deciding what to wear in the pool-- we're not responsible for damaged costumes or property.
- Some clients with platinum blonde/bleached hair have found certain fake bloods will stain their hair; the water itself will not stain hair.
- The pool is not heated. It is quite cool; it takes a long time for cold water sitting on concrete to reach room temperature. If you are very sensitive to cold temperatures, please prepare in advance or abstain from using the pool.
- The water is not chlorinated or treated.
- Absolutely no electronics in the pool.
- We are a working shop. We work with chemicals and machinery. Although the set is separated from our work area, photographers and models are not to enter Dangerous Ladies workspaces or interfere with work in any way - we are not responsible for your safety.
- We are not responsible for your photographic equipment, lighting, camera, cosplays, props, etc. If anything is damaged or lost in or around our studio, or as a result of participating in blood pool, we are not responsible.
- The studio will not be left unattended by Dangerous Ladies; someone from the team will be there to mind the space and make sure nothing goes haywire, as there is lots of machinery we can't leave unattended. We won't hover, we’ll be doing our own thing, but if you need a 100% closed set, we may not be the place for you!
- You are financially responsible for anything you damage.
- We are not responsible for any injuries.
- You are not permitted to die in here.
BOOK VIA GOOGLE CALENDAR BELOW!
Current blood pool dates are October 13th - 25th.
If the calendar is not appearing, please click here.
Check out some behind the scenes from last year: